Indonesian singer dies after being bitten by cobra on stage

The phrase “dying for your art” is so shocking when you learn about the death of Indonesian singer Irma Bule. Irma died on stage after accidentally stepping on a cobra while performing in a village in Karawang, West Java.

The 29-year -old was known to dance with snakes as part of her act, unfortunately for her this king cobra was still venomous and not defanged. “The snake then bit Irma in her thigh,” injecting its venom into her bloodstream.

Incredibly Irma performed for 45 minutes before collapsing on stage. She was rushed to the hospital where she died from her injuries.  Irma was a mother of three and had been performing and singing dangdut since she was a teenager.

 

source